Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood in Saskatoon is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals group .
- Execute specific defined tasks in accordance with accepted guidelines and regulation in accordance with industry standard practices or government regulations and guidelines such as the IEEE, CSA, Saskatchewan Amendments, etc.;
- Assist in writing work plans and reports in a concise technical manner according to the applicable project specifics
- Review and/or develop electrical, and controls (IEC) engineering, drawings and documents in line with requirements relating to feasibility, standards, codes and the company's quality specifications
- Creation of design calculations which include voltage drop, lighting levels, cable tray fill and heat trace.
- Co-ordination of drawing packages for issue and preparing issue folders for electronic files
- Assist in the preparation of contract and procurement packages
- Work effectively with multiple project engineers, designers, leads, and managers,
- Must have the ability to balance and meet multiple deadlines
- Lead Engineer primarily responsible for delivering electrical engineering projects and c omplete project progressing
- All other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Canada with the ability to register in the province of Saskatchewan is required.
- Electrical Engineering (BSc) degree with completed course in power system is required
- Minimum 7-12 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in an EPC or EPCM environment
- Knowledge of power system theory including per unit system and sequential components
- Familiarity on using power system software to perform calculations is considered an asset (e.g. ETAP)
- Protective device coordination for electrical systems/equipment.
- Familiarity of CSA and IEEE standards including the Canadian Electrical Code;
- Must be proficient in MS Office application office application software such as Excel and Word;
- Ability to work within a Database (AVEVA or PDS) is considered an asset
- Ability to create drawings in Autocad is considered an asset
- Familiarity with Industrial and mining sites is considered an assest
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.