Skills: Civil Engineering, Geologist, Geotechnical Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Co-Op Geotechnical EIT within our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group based in our Oakville, Ontario office.
Starting your career at Wood
Our business is evolving at incredible pace creating awesome career opportunities for those taking the first big step of their career journey. We constantly embrace change and never stand still; as a result, we are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees.
At Wood your early career journey will be one of learning, discovery and development. You will drive your own career, get involved in the action from the word go, take on complex challenges and share innovative ways of working to enhance the performance of our customers. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organization that truly cares about industry challenges and to making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
Wood is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment. We recognize that each of us has many different diverse traits which shape our view of the world, our perspective and our approach.
The successful applicant will work closely with a number of more senior professionals within multi-disciplinary teams on mining projects involve tailings, mine waste rock and water management.
Work tasks may involve the following:
- Assistance with planning, tracking and compiling data from subsurface investigations,
- Review of topographic maps to identify watersheds,
- Layout and planning of possible tailings disposal sites and/or freshwater diversions,
- Earthworks construction quantity estimates (dams, channels etc.)
- Dam seepage and stability modeling, and
- Assistance with preparation of technical reports.
Skills / Qualifications
- You possess an appetite to learn and a willingness to jump in for on-the-job training.
- Applicants must have completed their 2nd year in a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Valid Drivers license
- Intellectually capable, demonstrates the application of theory in a practical context.
- Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop.
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm.
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude.
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with the ability to interact with a variety of levels in the organization including multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project / team / client interfaces.
We create opportunities for you to connect, learn and grow. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. You will have the opportunity to network with great minds, through the support of your colleagues and through peer to peer relationships within our early careers network.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.