Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gordon, Georgia, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Combo Welder in Gordon, GA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only as this is a full time position not offering per diem. The candidate must be capable of welding together components to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, pressure vessels, plant equipment, pipes, plates, and structural steel using various welding procedures.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, ISO's, blueprints or other drawings and recognize basic blueprints or symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate ability to weld together parts using any of the welding processes on various metals such as carbon steel, stainless, alloys, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to use alignment devices for fabrication.
- Demonstrate ability to produce welds that are 100% X-ray quality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in use of oxy-acetylene flame cutting equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulations governing quality control codes.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to qualify and pass all welding performance tests.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems. The minimum math ability usually associated with this classification is the ability to calculate surfaces, volumes, angles, weights and measure. You must be able to use variables and formulas which are normally found in most industry approved trade books. (Pipefitters "Blue Book")
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure.
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and schedule work sequences.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.