Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to support development of projects for the Milan Office. Project Engineer shall be inserted in the Environmental & Infrastructure group, dealing with various types of projects (Environment & Remediation, Infrastructure, Water & Waste Water Treatment, etc.) varying from feasibility studies to Front End Engineering Design and larger Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects, including consultancy services.
Project Engineer will be flexible and will demonstrate dynamic approach to his assigned tasks as well as contribute and participate to work in an enthusiastic manner; Project Engineer will be available to work both in Home Office as well as at projects sites.
- Preparation of engineering deliverables (such as Equipment List, EFDs mechanization, Line List, Tie - in List
- Preparation of Material Requisitions for packages and special items
- Prepare Erection requisitions for mechanical works
- Preparation of Hazardous Area Classification drawings and reports
- Updating of Project Schedules
- Preparing of Project Progress Reports
- Assist Senior PE in technical coordination of projects
- Coordinate disciplines activities, control and forecast work area activities and deliverables against schedule
- Work in coordination with procurement and subcontracting group as well as estimate department
- Organize, contribute and prepare notes of multidiscipline meetings to affect the timely completion of the engineering documents and requisitions
- Working to the requirements of quality and environmental management systems maintained to ISO standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Master Degree in industrial engineering (preferred Mechanical, Chemical or Environmental Engineering)
- 2 / 3 years of experience in the role in engineering companies (experience in environmental and waste water treatment sectors is appreciated)
- Ability to deal with other technical disciplines
- Ability to work with technical strength but with the minimum supervision
- Availability to travel for short and long term assignments at sites different from main office
- Fluent in English
- Mother tongue / fluent in Italian
- Eligible to work in Italy
- Optimum k nowledge in the use of standard software tools (Office)
- Good relationship attitude
- Proactive outlook, self - motivated and with good communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.