Novi, Michigan, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Position: Asbestos Microscopist (Industrial Hygiene)
Location: Novi, MI
- Preparation of bulk materials and sampling media for PLM (Polarized Light Microscopy)
- Result Entry into LIMS system
- Determine percentage of asbestos and non-asbestos amounts in samples utilizing optical analysis
- Familiarity with current methods for Asbestos analysis for industrial hygiene analysis (Example NIOSH 7400)
- Ability to follow and Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment utilized for analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively in a dynamic office environment
- Computer skills for capture of images and documentation
- Commitment to laboratory safety and working in a safe manner
- Comprehensive computer skills - internet, MS Office, Lotus Notes
- Able to operate lab instruments including relevant software and computer programs
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or related
- 0-2 years related experience
- Relevant laboratory experience is an advantage
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.