London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Marine Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Hampshire, Basingstoke
AECOM's UK Ports and Marine team are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer with civil and structural knowledge and a technical focus to support the team on multiple projects.
We are currently working remotely and so would welcome applicants from all UK locations however, our Ports and Marine technical hubs are our offices in Basingstoke, Bristol, Exeter, London, Southampton and Plymouth.
The candidate will be a team player, self-motivated, support fellow team members, manage inputs, meeting client requirements and agreed costs. Working with an established Ports and Marine team with over 100 years of shared experience we require someone to compliment that and will be responsible for technical delivery of a wide range of projects. Key clients include local authority, private companies and internal clients both in the UK and overseas.
In addition to undertaking technical work, the role will see you play a key role providing technical support and checking of work prior to issue. These deliverables typically will include calculations, reports, technical notes and CAD drawings.
- Responsible for the preparation and successful completion of deliverables;
- Produce calculations to a high standard of quality by hand and checking using current computer software (including but not limited to LUSAS, PLAXIS, ROBOT, GRLWEAP, WALLAP, TEDDS and others);
- Prepare technical specifications, reports and technical notes;
- Review and comment on design, drawings and specification to ensure timely and accurate results;
- Mentoring of staff to achieve technical solution and provide support to develop their knowledge and experience;
- Communicate and liaise with other disciplines and clients to ensure clear understanding of scope and deliverables; and
- Assist in the preparation of tenders (programme, cost estimate, resourcing, preparation of written quality/technical input, etc).
- Experience of designing structures in the Marine Environment (including; quay wall, piers, jetties, revetment, breakwaters, fendering, scour protection, linkspan supports, dolphins, etc);
- Good understanding of, British Standards, Eurocodes and best practice in the maritime environment;
- Good understanding of CDM, Safety in design and CEMD;
- Experience in delivering projects over a range of cost and complexity;
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams; and
- Experience in the UK Maritime industry
- CEng / IEng qualified in civil or structural engineering - or anticipating achieving this status.
Your benefits will include:
- Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 243771BR
Additional Locations UK - Bristol - Portwall Place, UK - Exeter, UK - London, UK - Plymouth - Plumer House, UK - Southampton
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.