Account ManagerOrganisation :Sales & Client Management - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
Accountable for the revenue retention and growth of approximately twenty medium to large ENGIE Impact commercial and industrial accounts. Focused on building long-term Client Value through trusted relationships, contributing to the P&L of new and existing business at the client, and promoting new strategic initiatives that align ENGIE solutions to the client's needs and values. Function
The purpose of the Account Manager is to provide account management services to a defined portfolio of medium to large, high profile accounts, meeting revenue objectives and maximizing the use of ENGIE Impact solutions and services within these accounts.
- Responsible for the retention and growth of medium to large global/national multi-site firms with energy or sustainability program spend and revenue potential for ENGIE Impact services and solutions.
- Manages Sales directly to end-users of the organization's products or services in a large specified geographic area or is responsible for a specific industry or product segment on a national or geographic basis.
- Identifies, pursues and develops long-term relationships with key points of contact in the client organization, resulting in high client satisfaction and retention.
- Develop cross functional strategy for account retention and growth, utilizing product and industry knowledge to deliver the value proposition to customers.
- Establishes buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria for client. Identifies new business opportunities to achieve assigned quota through networking, qualifying and closing techniques. Engages more senior Account Managers or Leadership as appropriate.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings for assigned account.
- Prepare, maintain and execute a high-level Business Plan, which outlines strategic and tactical approaches for achieving targets.
- Able to effectively convey the value of ENGIE Impact's products and services, with moderate understanding of ENGIE Impact and ENGIE Group capabilities and portfolio of offerings. Utilizes more senior Account Managers or Leadership as necessary
- Responsible for managing sales efforts, including sales presentation and contract negotiations. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to obtain product and solutions information and determine pricing.
- Accountable for all activity within the account from opportunity inception to contract closure by facilitating, planning and organizing all related sales activities with guidance from more senior Account Managers.
- Establish new business opportunities with targeted accounts through networking, qualifying and closing techniques. Establish buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria for client.
- Responsible for sales forecasting activities for assigned accounts and reviews market analyses to determine customer needs.
- Defines, documents, implements and supports continual sales process improvement.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation; tracks, monitors and reports sales data.
- Understand customer's long-term business and increase level of contact within customer's organization to allow for cross selling of new opportunities and more effective account support.
- Meet and exceed revenue and quota targets. Account Managers will carry lower quotas and have fewer complex accounts than Senior or Strategic Account Managers.
- Actively seeks opportunities to learn from Senior and Strategic Account Mangers, building sales and closing skills.
May participate in executive business reviews with clients and work in coordination with the Operations organization on execution against the client program, and coordinates with all other ENGIE Impact departments and businesses as needed, including but not limited to Sales Operations, Marketing, Sustainability Services and Sustainability Solutions. Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Sustainability, Business Management (marketing/sales/business administration concentration) required.
- May accept relevant experience in sales or client management in lieu of degree with proven successful history in a directly related Customer Segment.
- Knowledge and understanding of resource (energy/waste/water) services and controls including renewable energy solutions.
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in sales and/or account management.
- Minimum five years of experience in Energy/Waste/Water sector.
- Industry knowledge of one or more Customer Segments (e.g. retail, industrial, hospitality, restaurant, healthcare).
- Requires account management and revenue growth skills with a proven and progressive track record of growth and expansion of your portfolio.
- Strong client management skills. Must be able to generate and present strategic solutions for C-Suite executives and other key buyers/decision makers.
- Must possess strong financial and business acumen with the ability to identify overall business value of our solutions, including sound commercial and analytical skills to help identify market trends and opportunities and ability to refine business and account plans to exploit such opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with existing customers, including issue resolution and escalation.
- Self-starter with ability to develop new and existing client engagements through the entire sales cycle; positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new opportunities and then marshalling the resources to pursue and close the business.
- Requires strong communication skills in all forms-written, oral, email, presentation, and other non-verbal forms of communication.
- Solid time management and organization skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Feb 1, 2021