Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: TX, US
Senior Data Architect
We seek a Senior Data Architect to develop and support the data management platform that enables operational. The data are very heterogeneous and consist of typical data for core analysis (e.g.: scalar values and tables), but also of large mass data like 2D/3D images on different scales. The data architecture facilitates machine learning and large scientific applications. The ideal candidate will be able to work with limited oversight and driven to continuously enhance the data management platform to increase operational efficiency and improve data quality.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years in software engineering and design
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling
- 5+ years of experience in data architecture
- Work with internal groups to gather application requirements
- Model business operations, inventory management, and core data types in a relational database
- Model complex, multi-scale spatial data relationships between core samples
- Map processing steps in complex workflows
- Oversee development of tools for importing data
- Geosciences and multiscale data modeling.
- Data Modeling, specifically relational modeling in a SQL database system
- PostgreSQL Administration
- Strong experience with three-tier architecture
- Experience developing software in Java
- Experience developing POSIX system shell scripts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adept at software problem investigation and diagnosis
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas data
- Experience developing software in C/C++
- Experience with Restful APIs and containers
- Knowledge of scalable storage systems
- Knowledge of operating system design
- Knowledge of core laboratory data
- Experience with high performance computing and job queuing systems
- Familiarity with containerization
- Knowledge of large-scale networking, specifically routing
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas 77032
Requisition Number: 91217
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.