Sr Manager - Software EngineeringDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Do you enjoy being part of a team that ensures the highest quality?Join Waygate Technologies - Digital Solutions organization
We are seeking an exceptional Sr Manager - Software Engineering
who will join the Waygate Digital Solutions (DS) organization and play a key role in driving a top-class software development organization coupled with setting up and running the site operations for DS engineering. This role will report into the global engineering leader for DS@Waygate. We play in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT), Digital workflows, and other relevant digital areas, in the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) industry.Partner with the best
Digital Solutions engineering organization is a global cross functional team developing state of the art NDT software, IIOT and other relevant digital solutions serving the NDT industry. This position is open in the core engineering team that is predominantly based in Bangalore. This team drives development of the core technologies fuelling the growth of the Waygate digital business.
As a Software operations Leader, you will be responsible to:
Fuel your passion
- Develop and run a top class software engineering organization built around software craftsmanship and Agile development principles
- Setup a continuous software delivery model to enhance agility and enable high quality outcomes
- Work with product management and other relevant functions globally to assist in driving the product and technology development roadmap
- Help derive annual budget and effectively manage the spend per the plan
- Build the right infrastructure per the strategic and tactical needs
- Responsible for interfacing between DS engineering team and rest of Baker Hughes from an operations standpoint
- Setup an effective partnership and alliance model to address short- and long-term staffing needs
- Attract and retain top talent
- Build a highly accountable, execution-oriented organization
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), with 14+ years of professional experience.
- Have a deep knowledge and hands on experience in software development and engineering
- Have experience in working with global teams.
- Have experience in setting up and operating Agile software development teams to develop products
- Have experience in performing top down budgeting and managing the same
- Have experience managing software development infrastructure - On and Off Cloud
- Have experience in setting up and managing DevOps is a major plus
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.