Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Junior Water Resource Engineer-In-Training to join our team in Burlington, ON.
Make an impression in an international company among the 25 best employers in Canada and ranked one of the top 10 Environmental Firms in the world. Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is a global organization, providing engineering, consulting and project management services. Our team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas clients and clean energy.
- Conduct field investigations related to collecting data to support technical assessments
- Hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality evaluations for predominantly public sector clients
- Assist in analysis and design studies and produce written correspondence and reports
- Will be required to become familiar with and use the following software: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Visual OTTHYMO, SWMHYMO, PC-SWMM, MIKE 11/12, GAWSER, HSP-F, AutoCAD and ESRI GIS applications
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of Senior Engineers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering required
- EIT Certification preferred
- 2 years (minimum) of related experience
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Stormwater modelling knowledge and experience beneficial
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.