Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood in Saskatoon is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineer in Training to join our Mining & Minerals group .
- Assist in the preparation of contract and procurement packages
- Execute specific defined tasks in accordance with accepted guidelines and regulation in accordance with industry standard practices or government regulations and guidelines such as the IEEE, CSA, Saskatchewan Amendments, etc.;
- Assist in writing work plans and reports in a concise technical manner according to the applicable project specifics
- Review and/or develop electrical, and controls (IEC) engineering, drawings and documents in line with requirements relating to feasibility, standards, codes and the company's quality specifications
- Creation of design calculations which include voltage drop, lighting levels, cable tray fill and heat trace.
- Co-ordination of drawing packages for issue and preparing issue folders for electronic files
- Work effectively with multiple project engineers, designers, leads, and managers,
- Must have the ability to balance and meet multiple deadlines
- All other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering (BSc) degree with completed course in power system is required
- Up to 4 years of experience; primarily responsible for supporting electrical engineering projects
- Knowledge of power system theory including per unit system and sequential components
- Familiarity on using power system software to perform calculations is considered an asset (e.g. ETAP)
- Familiarity of CSA and IEEE standards including the Canadian Electrical Code;
- Must be proficient in MS Office application office application software such as Excel and Word;
- Ability to create drawings in Autocad
- Ability to register as an Engineer (P.Eng.) or Engineer in Training in the province of Saskatchewan
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.