Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood in Saskatoon is currently recruiting for a Junior Designer / CAD Technologist to join our Mining & Minerals group .
- Complete Design/Drafting for Electrical packages which will include cable tray layout, lighting design and schematic creation
- Complete Design/Drafting for Instrumentation packages which will include instrument loop diagrams, junction box wiring diagrams, instrument datasheets and instrumentation lists.
- Creation of design calculations which include voltage drop, lighting levels, cable tray fill and heat trace.
- Responsible for electrical and instrumentation CAD drawings, checks and the overall presentation and layout
- Following Project CAD procedures and guidelines
- Co-ordination of drawing packages for issue and prepare issue folders for electronic files
- Develop and enhance project CAD systems
- Establish and maintain the interface with department 3D models and reference 2D backgrounds from model
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate of an Electrical or Instrumentation Design technology program
- Up to 5 years experience in mining, metallurgical or similar process industries in electrical or l&C design
- Proven expertise using AutoCAD; Familiarity with 3D design/drafting would be considered an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to provide CAD support to other departments (Mechanical, Piping, CSA) as required
- Database experience would be an asset
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.