Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Architectural Engineering Group. The Wood E&IS Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, interface with both internal and external project team members, and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams.
Are you interested in joining a multi-disciplinary team who provide technical solutions for challenging projects and complex design problems? We focus on sustainable, resilient, and energy efficient solutions for our community & clients. Our projects include studies, upgrades, renovations, and new construction for federal, state, and private-sector clients.
Location : This opportunity is based out of our Portland, Maine office with the flexibility to work remotely and occasional requirement to visit the office for team meetings.
Key Responsibilities :
- Senior design engineer will be responsible for electrical power supply and distribution, communications, security, fire alarm, and lighting systems for a wide variety of facilities
- Design requirements include development of construction documents including plans and specifications, cost estimates, schedules, record drawings, submittal reviews, construction inspection
- The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing electrical engineering designs, electrical equipment upgrades, arc flash hazards analysis, low and medium voltage facility power distribution system design, motor control centers, drives, wiring diagrams, and related equipment for facility power
- Solar AC/DC electric and grid interconnections design; Energy storage System design and integrations with solar systems is a plus
- Projects may include primary and secondary electrical distribution, voltages up to 25kV, transformers, wiring, interior electrical systems, communications, lighting, industrial controls and control systems, instrumentation and energy conservation; Must be familiar with low and medium voltage switchgear, switchboards, transformers, load break switches and heavy industrial equipment and manufacturing equipment
- The candidate will have a broad range of responsibilities, which include supervising and mentoring junior and mid-level electrical engineers and/or designer, interact with clients, manage electrical and I&C related projects, and participate in new business development
- Serve as a task manager, or perform as lead discipline (electrical and I&C) person on projects as appropriate
- Scope and budget projects, identify method of project execution
- Successfully execute electrical designs to be on time and on budget using company systems and tools
- Support business opportunities and assist in proposal preparation, interviewing, scope, fee, etc.
- Perform contractor construction submittal reviews and request for information documents and general electrical design activities for plant and pump station power system
- Producing effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums
- The Electrical Engineer will be a member of the Wood's Portland Design Center
Skills / Qualifications
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor Science in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Electrical Engineer license
- 7 + years' experience in performing construction designs of the following types of systems:
- Electrical distribution
- Interior electrical
- Industrial controls and security control
- Renewable Energy
- Experience developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Open minded and fast learner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you are an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.