Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Junior Technician in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to work in the Ontario Stack Testing practice.
- Conducting in-field monitoring, sampling, or source testing work, including equipment setup, sample recovery, equipment troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration
- Monitoring data summary, analysis, interpretation, and report preparation.
- Regularly conduct site visits at industrial facilities to support testing activities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to work from home.
- Must enjoy working in the outdoors, including at remote locations.
- The position will require overnight travel for on-site work.
- Ability to work in a consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, teamwork skills, and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with relevant federal and provincial environmental regulations and programs.
- Strong commitment to safety and quality.
Skills / Qualifications
- A College degree or a Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering, Meteorology, Atmospheric Chemistry, or related Environmental Sciences is required;
- Field work will require work at heights, lifting of up to 22 kilograms (50 pounds), independent work, working in inclement weather, and walking on uneven terrain or snow cover.
- A valid driver's license is required with a good driving record and the ability to drive a van with a trailer.
- Ability to work with MS Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both oral and written
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of electrical components and telemetry required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.