Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Freeport, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a HVAC Tech with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Must be able to manage the complete systems according to blueprints and engineering specifications, using knowledge of air conditioners and refrigeration, structural layout, and function and design of components. This will include electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and control systems.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints or drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in air conditioning and ventilation systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the operation and calibration of pneumatic controls (i.e. thermostats, receivers, controllers and P.E. switches)
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the operations or multi-stage cooling and heat roof mounted package units and their components
- Demonstrate ability to maintain and repair various brands of icemakers and refrigerators (i.e. Scotsman, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, Calvinator, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of 115v single phase, 208v single phase, 480v three phase air conditioning systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of explosion proof Class I, Division I, Group D air conditioning equipment for process analyzer shacks and compressor units
- Demonstrate knowledge of piping (screw pipe), fittings, tubing PVC and silver solder methods
- Demonstrate working knowledge of air handling systems and air condition capacities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in handling conduit systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of air conditioning equipment lubrication on different compressors and general preventive maintenance
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in handling Freon cycles including charging, diagnosis, maintenance and repair
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulations for the handling and disposal of refrigerant
- Demonstrate ability to use air conditioning and refrigeration testing equipment including volt, ohm, or meters
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution
- The electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistat and timers, using hand tools.
- Discuss heating-cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that malfunctions have been corrected
Should have at least 2 - 3 years as an apprentice/helper in the HVAC area
Should have at least 6 years as a journeyman HVAC technician
Experience in the electrical field a plus
Years of Craft Experience
6+ years Journeyman Exp
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.