Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood is seeking a Commercial Controls Manager with Transportation Design-Build pursuits and projects to join our southeast region. As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses and general/public transportation. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, and Construction Management.
The Commercial Controls Manager will have the primary responsibility of addressing all project commercial and contractual issues to ensure that Woods commercial and contractual positions are protected and maximized.
- Selection of and implementation of Project Management systems to meet the commercial and design management requirements of the project. System selection will be based on Project/Client needs as well as proactive Claims/Risk mitigation.
- Oversee and approve development and management of the Project Scope WBS.
- Oversee and approve set-up, implementation, and implementation of Project financial tracking and control systems, using the Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Oversee and approve the development, baselining, and tracking of the Project Design Schedule
- Development and maintenance of the Project Risk Register based on review of contracts conditions, project-specific delivery requirements, client characteristics, and other projects risk.
- Prime Agreement management, including periodic Reporting, invoicing, and Change Management.
- Subconsultant and vendor commercial management and administration, including solicitation, subconsultant agreements, invoicing, payments, and Change management
- Establishing and managing a tendering team, which may incorporate resources from joint-venture partners, suitable for specific projects and including construction and design management professionals, estimators and schedulers, commercial managers, sub-contracted design firms, and other construction management support staff.
- Developing and executing tendering strategies focused on optimizing cost, schedule, Safety, Quality, and other relevant aspects of client requirements.
- Providing leadership and guidance in negotiating partnerships and teaming arrangements, developing construction and design innovations, and executing commercial procurement strategies.
- Working with the Project Manager, Design Manager, Commercial Manager and Project Scheduler to plan the construction requirements of the project and to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Ensure project commercial and risk management systems, including health and safety, quality, accounting, finance, insurance, legal, and communication functions are implemented effectively and are compliant with corporate procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable. Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements as they relate to the project scope of work.
- Manage and lead construction tendering and execution teams.
- Have knowledge of civil and structural engineering issues associated with large multi-disciplinary heavy civil projects.
Skills / Qualifications
To be Successful at Wood, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong working experience on heavy civil infrastructure projects.
- Experience in a similar role on major heavy civil Public Private Partnership projects with Design Build experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience working with transportation consulting companies or contractors.
- Direct experience in roads, bridges, rail, or other infrastructure sectors.
- BS Degree or relevant commercial experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.