Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wood is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a Commercial Lead role to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting directly to the Assignment Manager, this role will lead and manage the commercial function within a contract(s) delivery team. Provides direction and leadership to personnel involved in commercial, finance, contracts, subcontracts and procurement activities on the contract as well as mentoring and coaching direct reports in processes and procedures, personnel development and training support the day-to-day head contract administration and commercial activities for one of Wood's key client portfolios.
- Manages the commercials on a suite of established PNG and local contracts to improve commercial returns and protect the business from contractual dispute
- Manages and provides others with direction and advice in all commercial activities during the contract life cycle
- Manages others and participates in commercial administration, subcontracts, including negotiation of variations, claims, dispute resolution, rate escalations and other associated issues
- Ensures the successful delivery of supply chain management, from engagement, pre-qualification, tendering, recommendation, award and post award management through to close out activities
- Participates in the development, implementation, management and reporting of Project and Contract Key Performance Indicators
- Implement a process of governance and assurance around prime contract compliance procedures including insurance documentation, parent company guarantees, bank bonds, addendums and variations
- Oversees and participates in the commercial close out of contracts/projects, dealing with claims to satisfactory conclusions
- Reviews and assists in the development of commercial and supply chain processes and procedures and communicates to relevant personnel
- Liaises with various internal/external customers (Contract/Project Managers, Project Engineers) in commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution
- Manage, supervise and mentor less experienced staff and advises contract/project personnel on Commercial services
- Maintain a project commercial risk register, taking mitigation actions where necessary
- Ensuring early identification and communication of Watch list issues
- Monitor project and contract costs, reimbursability, ensure efficient utilisation of resources and pursue margin enhancing activities
- Deliver and maintain records of commercial and supply chain savings and efficiencies
- Ensures compliance with Group Commercial Standards and Policies including FMF Reviews.
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline
- 8 years' experience in a similar leadership/management role
- 10 years' experience in the Oil and Gas Industry preferred
- In addition to an undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, the individual should have extensive and varied work experience which allows extensive knowledge of and exposure to key contractual and commercial management concepts and principles
- Excellent knowledge and experience of contractual structures and concepts, commercial processes and procedures
- Experience in negotiation and claims dispute resolution both in written and face to face scenarios.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Commercial Lead, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.