Skills: Commercial Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Graduate Commercial Advisor for our Melbourne based Graduate Program potentally starting in March 2021.
This position will report directly to the Senior Commercial Advisor.
In Wood's two-year program, you will be responsible for:
- Promoting safe working practices within the commercial function.
- Under supervision, perform pre-award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, co-ordinating commercial and legal qualifications,
- Perform post award admin including; ensuring that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system, ensuring that invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and include full contract entitlement, ensuring commercial models and scope of delivery are understood by the contract management team, rate reviews are completed, change is captured in contract variations/amendments and commercial administration files are established and maintained. Interfaces with client on a regular basis.
- Lead and provide commercial support to a small team of contract finance personnel to ensure contract commercial compliance.
- Prepare monthly commercial management reports and input to monthly Contract Performance Reviews.
- Under supervision, perform contract commercial compliance review.
- Under supervision, perform contract close out tasks including reconciliation of costs to revenue, and where applicable KPI closeout.
- Use commercial processes and procedures to assist with tasks and can advise which should be used and when
- Support implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Support governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients.
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to Wood and Clients.
- Enrolment and successful completion of Wood's Graduate Development Program
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the 2021 Graduate Program, you will have completed your Bachelor of Construction Management/ Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) or similar degree by the end of 2020 or earlier at an Australian university.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood's Graduate Program:
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Capacity to learn and proactively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
- Good understanding of construction management principles
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role and you must also upload your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts. Pro tip: merge all three documents together and then upload as one.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.