Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a Commercial Advisor in the Melbourne Office.
Reporting directly to the Senior Commercial Advisor, this role will support the day to day head contract administration and commercial activities for one of Wood's key client portfolios.
- Promote safe working practices within commercial function
- Under supervision, performs pre award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, co-ordinating commercial and legal qualifications
- Performs post award admin including; ensuring that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system, ensuring that invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and include full contract entitlement, ensuring commercial models and scope of delivery are understood by the contract management team, rate reviews are completed, change is captured in contract variations/amendments and commercial administration files are established and maintained. Interfaces with client on a regular basis
- Leads and provides commercial support to a small team of contract finance personnel to ensure contract commercial compliance
- Prepares monthly commercial management reports and input to monthly Contract Performance Reviews
- Under supervision, negotiates changes to commercial models, as required
- Under supervision, performs contract commercial compliance review
- Under supervision, performs contract close out tasks including reconciliation of costs to revenue, and where applicable KPI closeout
- Uses commercial processes and procedures to assist with tasks and can advise which should be used and when
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients
- Support implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit
- Support governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients.
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to WOOD
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to WOOD and Clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline
- In addition to an undergraduate degree, the individual should have extensive work experience in the O&G industry or similar which would demonstrate exposure to key contracting concepts, principles and commercial risk management
- 4 years' experience in a similar role
- International and domestic contracts experience is essential
- Considerable knowledge and experience of commercial administration processes and procedures
- Considerable experience in drafting and interpretation of contractual documentation.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you have experience as a Commercial Advisor, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.