Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments (Wood) is seeking Junior and Intermediate Civil Designers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with engineers, technicians, technologists and project managers in preparation of document and drawing packages, report figures, design concepts, technical specifications and calculations
- Processing the topographic data (from LiDAR, satellite, ground surveys, etc.) for use on the projects.
- Providing civil design and drafting support for utility and industrial facilities and services, including buried and overland piping, pumping stations, access roadways, and spill containment systems
- Preparing drawings for site development and earthworks including site preparation, rough grading, final grading and surface drainage, ditches, ponds, roads, embankments, and rail spurs using AutoCAD and Civil 3D programs
- Preparing material take-offs
- Managing time and tasks within allotted timelines and budgets
- Providing assistance to design and construction teams
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 2 (junior) to 5 (intermediate) years of relevant design experience relating to ports and marine, mining, infrastructure and utilities
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Design Technology
- Excellent organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Experience in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D design/drafting software
- Experience with the production of standard drawings for infrastructure projects including roadways, buried and overland piping, water and wastewater treatment plants and pump stations, storm drainage and retention / polishing ponds and ports.
- Understanding various coordinate systems and geodetic elevation references
- Experience with processing and modifying topographic data in various coordinate systems in support of project needs and establishing survey control for the projects
- Drafting and design experience within a consulting engineering office environment
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Membership in good standing with Applied Science Technologists of BC
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.