Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking an Electrical Engineer in Training to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Providing electrical engineering design for mining and mineral processing projects throughout North America and abroad
- Contributing to the preparation of technical specifications and engineering input to material, construction and commissioning packages
- Material quantity take-offs
- Providing engineering technical support to the field during construction, including responding to RFIs from construction contractor, issuing Site Instructions and performing field reviews
- Supporting the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate or Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree (grad in 2020), with the ability to register with EGBC as an EIT
- Capable of developing creative yet practical solutions and is open-minded to alternative solutions
- Willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short-term basis
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.