Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking an Intermediate Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Creating Scope of Work documents for engineering and construction project phases as well as Instrument Design Criteria and equipment datasheets
- Developing engineering man-hour and capital cost estimates for feasibility study and detail engineering proposals
- Managing a team of Instrument Designers; providing scheduling, progress monitoring and technical direction
- Working as part of a team of Instrument Designers in the programming/configuration of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Specifying and procuring field instrumentation/control valves, Process Control System hardware and software
- Managing and monitoring costs associated with the selection, cost and installation of Instrumentation and Control System equipment
- Designing control system networks; including network architecture design, control system bus technologies and the selection of hardware and software components
- Developing and reviewing of Logic drawings and Process Control Narratives
- Providing construction and commissioning support for instrumentation and control system installations
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation Design technology along with the ability to register as a Professional Engineer with EGBC
- 5+ years direct experience in mining, industrial or process plant design
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of general civil designs and an understanding of industry codes, standards, and construction methods
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.