Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking an Intermediate Project Engineer for our Mining and Minerals consulting and EPCM projects in our Vancouver, BC office in Canada.
This is a strategic role, that will be filled contingent on award of project, and has responsibility for assisting the Engineering Manager in the management of the Engineering disciplines through direction and coordination of the Discipline Leads' activities. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supports the execution of studies, designs and detailed engineering for the project to provide world class quality results to our clients
- Ensuring all projects and studies are completed on time and on budget, as well as in a manner consistent with Wood and client quality standards
- Expediting engineering deliverables, vendor drawings, and/or construction activities.
- Monitoring engineering, procurement and/or construction progress
- Chairing project meetings and ensuring that schedules are progressing as planned.
- Reviewing cost control forecasts (engineering costs as well as capital costs)
- Managing documentation and data including drawings and specifications
- Compiling construction contract packages
- Coordinating field commissioning and field construction engineering assignment with site and office
- Participating in quality assurance audits as required
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. Engineering (any discipline) or related field
- Professional registration or ability to be register with EGBC
- More than 5 years experience in operations and engineering roles of increasing responsibility in the mining and consulting industry including at least 2 years in a project engineering role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (foreign language skills are an advantage)
- Project and engineering management experience
- Budgeting, estimating, and scheduling experience
- Willingness to travel
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.