Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking an Intermediate Structural Designer to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Providing structural design and drafting support for the construction or repair of mining facilities, industrial buildings and services
- Preparing drawings for structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and/or wood structures using AVEVA E3D, PDMS and AutoCAD
- Coordinating and working with project team members
- Analyzing design issues and recommending corrective actions
- Preparing material take-offs
- Reviewing and coordinating project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications
- Responding to information requests from site and completing project documentation including as-builts and return of data to the client
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering Design Technology 5+ years of relevant design experience relating to mining, industrial facilities and infrastructure
- Knowledge of concrete and steelwork structural drawings for mining and infrastructure projects
- Experience in using AutoCAD and AVEVA E3d design/drafting software
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.