Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Designing heavy industrial structures related to mining and mineral processing; covering structures such as mill processing buildings, conveyor galleries, loadout facilities, storage facilities, bins and tanks
- Writing specifications and reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Ensuring all deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and exceed quality standards
- Developing and maintaining positive communication channels with clients and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing first class engineering services
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Managing and mentoring Junior and Intermediate level Structural Engineers and Designers
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering with eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer with EGBC
- A minimum 15 years experience in structural engineering design within mining, energy and/or industrial projects of varying stages from conceptual to detailed design
- Capable of developing creative yet practical design concepts
- Experience in writing technical reports, specifications, and in preparing the material take-offs
- Experience in technical evaluations of construction contracts and material / equipment supply contracts
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication and computer skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.