Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Federal Project / Program Manager who can support business development and regional federal sales growth across the Central Gulf Coast Region of the US. An engineer or scientist with 15 to 20 years of progressively increasing federal project experience and marketing expertise.
- Duties include leadership, business development, project management and execution of client projects for federal agencies, mainly Department of Defense (DOD) clients.
- Connections to any one or all branches of the military is required, particularly the Army, Navy or Air Force, and former military duty is a plus.
- This position will support on-going and future business development and project execution for a wide range of clients with components in civil/infrastructure design, facilities assessment, environmental compliance and environmental engineering.
- The successful applicant must have broad understanding of the federal environmental, civil and infrastructure markets to include both project execution and marketing and business development strategies.
- Technical report development, client management, regulatory agency coordination and permitting, and quality control management are preferred skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of an in interdisciplinary team is a must.
- Experience with developing proposals, costs estimates, and obtaining new clients and new work is also needed.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Preferred Professional Engineer (PE) but not required
- A minimum 15 to 20 years of increasing environmental science, civil/infrastructure design and consulting engineering experience
- Past client relationship experience in the federal market
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not required
- Must be able to solve problems independently, using knowledge gained from increasing experience
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to work as team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Applicants must be able travel 25 to 50 % of the time to offices, client locations, conferences or meetings
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.