Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
The Wood purpose is unlocking solutions to the world's most critical challenges and the Wood mission is to be the world's leading consulting and engineering company in energy and the built environment.
We are hiring a Archaeologist, Field Director for a full-time seasonal position based in our London and/or Burlington office for the Spring/Summer/Fall 2021 season within the Kitchener & West-GTA, Ontario site locations. Reporting to the Ontario Archaeology Discipline Lead, responsibilities will include field work on Stage 1 through 4 assignments, data/artifact analysis and report writing. We offer an opportunity to work on a variety of projects throughout Ontario and the opportunity to develop new skills and further career advancement.
Travel assistance to site will be provided from our London, Cambridge, and/or Burlington office locations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Research License in good standing from the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture industries
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field
- 4+ years' experience in consulting archaeology in Ontario (Stage 1 - 4 AA) with proven Field Directing experience
- Strong knowledge of Ontario archaeology with an applied understanding of current S tandards and Guidelines for Consultant Archaeologists issued by the MHSTCI and associated Technical Bulletins
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements, and to carry out frequent and rigorous manual labor (e.g., hand shoveling, troweling)
- Must be able to lift to 40 lbs. and be capable of repetitive movement of shoveling and screening soil/earth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of quality work in a deadline-driven environment
- Crew lead skills and experience, including setting up archaeology grids and map reading
- Ability to travel and work on projects involving extended hotel stays, if required
- Able to follow and implement both technical and safety training and instructions
- Field excavation experience, including shovel test and test unit excavation
- Identification of archaeological artifacts in the field
- Experience working alongside representatives from various Indigenous Nations
- Able and interested in both field and office-based tasks
- Analysis of artifacts and interpretation of data
- Strong computer skills
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy (MVR)
- A valid Ontario driver's license and clean drivers abstract
- Knowledge of GPS and surveyor equipment considered an asset
Wood offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health & dental benefits and paid time off as well as WSIB coverage for all of our employees.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.