Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Wood has an opportunity available for a Site Administrative Assistant (temporary - approximately 3 months) to support our construction team on our Project site near Gogama, ON. The administrative assistant will be performing duties such as coordinating and setting meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, recording and production of formalized meeting minutes, working on special projects, material & supply orders, preparing documents and correspondence and maintaining schedules, as required. Required to handle confidential and non-routine information on a daily basis. This position is not eligible for any living allowances.
- Coordinate and lead the specialized project administrative support to Site Construction Management Team(s) and assist Project Home Office Team
- Identify administrative steps needed for successful project completion, modify processes to fit needs as necessary and coordinate those activities and associated communication
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and reserve and prepare facilities
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries and compiles documents for travel-related meetings
- Prepare presentations, reports, letters and routine correspondence
- Manage the site elements, including liaising with HR Manager as necessary, for:
- Personnel mobilization / demobilization
- Responsible for answering telephones, arranging conference calls and responding independently to routine business questions or taking and delivering messages as needed
- Prepare and Manage contractor weekly progress meeting and minute process. Support Construction Managers with meeting organization, minute taking, issuance, endorsement and recording.
- Manage office material supply orders.
- Organize and maintain file system and file correspondence and other records as needed
- Oversee the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities
- Perform periodic document control functions
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens and seeks confirmation of understanding
- Effectively responds well to questions
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar
- Varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively
- Preference will be given to candidates who live near Gogama, ON
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.