Skills: Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gordon, Georgia, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Pipefitter in Gordon, GA . Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only as this is a full time position not offering per diem.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Interprets written and/or oral orders, sketches and blueprints to coordinate activities of assigned workers, materials, equipment and tools.
- Inspects quality of all work to ensure company standards and project specifications are met.
- Assists workers in their performance of assigned duties.
- Analyzes and resolves work related problems.
- Reviews material received at jobsite to ensure it is correct and not defective.
- Checks equipment to ensure proper working conditions.
- Maintains time and tracks production.
- Interprets and enforces company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations company policy to employees.
- May study schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job.
- May make cost estimates for contracts.
- Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc
Skills / Qualifications
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above.
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds and steel framework.
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job-related noises.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.