Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Skills: Business Development, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Belfast, Belfast
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Water team where we are seeking a Bid Manager / Business Development professional to support a number of our growing business. Reporting to the Work Winning Director and working closely with the NI and RoI Water team. Responsibilities will include leading and supporting pipeline management, bid management, coordination and production, client account management and marketing. Working to tight deadlines, this person will work collaboratively across the organisation with technical staff and leaders ensuring adherence to best practice to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Active participation in bid coordination and management, leading day-to-day aspects of bids including:
- Expressions of Interest
- Statements of Qualifications and Capability Statements
- Pre-Qualification Questionnaires
- Tenders and Fee Proposals
- Interview preparation
- Provide writing input and editorial content of bids
- Liaise with project teams and writers as necessary to develop engaging and compelling client-facing messaging on proposals
- Ensure the accurate electronic filing and storage of submissions, bids, proposals
- Maintain continuous improvement and the raising of bidding document standards
- Co-ordinate activities with Regional, Sector & Work Winning Leads
- Work with key regional leaders to identify and capitalize on opportunities
- Engage with the wider AECOM business: other End Markets; Client Account Managers; Work Winning and Major Pursuits Teams to support strategy for work winning and management of pipeline of business opportunities with our clients.
- Provide communications and marketing support for business development activities
- Support the regional teams to grow effective client relationships and opportunity pipelines
- Prepare presentations (general, sector and project specific for marketing and tender interviews)
- Using all the appropriate project data databases including SharePoint and legacy systems to ensure the continuous capture/upload/update of project data
- Help create and store new marketing collateral such as project case studies and CVs
- Review, analyse and input data to support the Work Winning strategy
- Research and communicate project opportunities within the industry, including market trends and areas for growth
- Previous experience as a Business Development/ Bidding professional managing opportunity pipelines
- Experienced in preparing and managing bids and pre-qualification submissions, in a technical sector
- Experienced in using tools and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness in Business Development
- Excellent ability to manage deadlines work under pressure
- Knowledge and experience of working in the Water or infrastructure sector (advantageous)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Outstanding administrative management and communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written English
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in use of MSWord, Sharepoint, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams.
- Desirable but not essential Salesforce, InDesign and Photoshop
- Ideally degree qualified
Your benefits will include :
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Business Development
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 244503BR
Additional Locations UK - Belfast
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.