Requisition ID: 231507 O vervie w
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. O ur employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers and our business. Bechtel's internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Data Analytics interns will utilize state of the art cloud infrastructure and Data Science tools to provide data-driven insights to challenges at a global scale. They will collect, transform, analyze and model data from across various data sources and present findings to internal stakeholders. There is a world of opportunities for people in Data Analytics at Bechtel.
The company hires Data Analytics interns in the following areas : Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Cloud Systems Architecture, Data Visualization, and in other areas in support of our corporate and D&I data analytics needs. These areas all play an important role within our organization and are essential to generating value from our data assets and building repeatable, and robust models for achieving our company's business goals and objectives.
Each year, we hire numerous I nterns. The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. L ocations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX, G lendale, A Z , and R eston, VA, along with various project sites. G enera l J o b Duties for the D&I Data Analytics Intern:
B asi c Q ua l i f i c ations:
- Collecting and analyzing D&I data
- Cleaning data using data science techni q ues ( e.g., detecting outliers, developing strategies for data
- Transforming data and feature engineering
- Developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Evaluating the performance of machine learning models
- Preparing visualizations and reports for D&I
- Communicating findings to internal business stakeholders
- I ngesting data from source systems into a cloud-based data environment
P re f erre d Q ua l i f i c ations:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor of Science degree program in Computer Science,
- I nformation Technology, Computer I nformation Technology, I nformation Systems Management, Computer
- Engineering, or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university
- completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in one of the above fields
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U .S without sponsorship
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong G PA
- Programming knowledge of either Python, R , S QL , Scala, Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) and Power BI
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior co-op or internship experience
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.