At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
As part of one of our 10+ Scrum teams, you will be working together with software engineers, product owners and domain experts on our application, JewelSuite and our field development platform, JewelEarth .
The JewelSuite ™ Subsurface Modeling application is an innovative, powerful tool to quickly create precise geological models-regardless of the reservoir's structural complexity-in half the time as traditional solutions. The application can rapidly build multiple scenarios and accelerates analysis of alternative possible outcomes for determining optimal field development plans.
The JewelEarth ™ software platform provides (API) services, user interface components, domain objects, commands and serialization capabilities that are the foundational functionality for all JewelSuite™ software applications. The JewelEarth™ SDK enables you to easily build your own differentiating software applications, create workflow standards through set workflow panels, and connect to proprietary databases or other subsurface applications.
This role asks for creative thinking, a passion for quality, collaboration and staying abreast on test technology. You will help us deliver our product quickly and with high quality by
- Taking ownership of the Software Quality Assurance process
- Create and execute test plans for functional areas being enhanced (features) in the software
- Continuous identify tests criteria's for the new user stories to be developed within your team
- Provide updates to your team during daily stand-ups
- Ensure that user stories meet DoR and DoD during their delivery
- Commit to sprint goals and planned user stories/defects in a sprint.
- Create and automate test cases and maintain the existing ones
- Design and implement automated non-functionality tests addressing e.g. performance issues
- Continuous assess our ways of working and contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent with significant experience in software development
- Significant experience as an Agile Tester / QA Engineer in a Scrum Team
- Good understanding of software testing principles and techniques
- Proven experience with test automation tools like TestComplete, SpecFlow and/or Cucumber
- A contributor for our test automation framework (uses C#, NUnit and MSTest)
- Someone that enjoys working in a complex, scientific Oil & Gas domain
- Excellent English communications skills (both verbal and written)
- ISTQB certification is a plus
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.