The Field Service Engineer for Steam turbines and Centrifugal Compressors will:
- Provide technical advice and supervision to customer in the Routine Maintenance.
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of the Units.
- Provide customer personnel on the job training.
- Coordinate Planned and Unplanned Maintenance Services.
- Asses the operating condition of the Units and address any Customer concerns.
- Conduct Units maintenance planning meetings, pre-outage meetings and post-outages meetings.
- Assist customer in ordering and tracking Parts for outages and inventory which will cover all Parts required to perform the Planned Maintenances.
- Respond to customer technical inquiries on the Units, investigate problem areas and reliability improvement efforts.
- Work with customer to develop a maintenance schedule which optimizes Units reliability and availability
- Identify "critical to quality" which need improvement and structure projects and action items to address the needs.
- Respond to forced outages to insure the best response time and provide the necessary resources to restore the Units to operating condition in a timely manner.
- Lead and execute unit maintenance, commissioning and start-up ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine.
- Ensure all field activities are carried out safely complying with company HSE guidelines and procedures.
· Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college
· At least 4+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
· Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (mechanical assembly drawings, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
· Strong knowledge in rotating equipment maintenance (Centrifugal Compressors and/or Steam Turbines) and their auxiliaries.
· Strong knowledge in the operation of refinery and gas processing plant equipment's, including commissioning and troubleshooting.
. Strong mechanical abilities with experience doing field maintenance/repairs and leading crews.
· Good English fluency both spoken and written.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Legally authorized to work in Mexico for this opening.Desired
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Strong customer service mindset
· Strong organizational skills
· Prior project management experience is preferred
· Strong project management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skillsAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.