Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Engineer with significant experience in Automation and Control to support our projects in Woking, (although actual work location can be flexible).
Applicants must be British or EEA national, resident in the UK, and be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
The Senior Engineer will s upport the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provides Expertise in at least one Automation Technical Area, PLC, SCADA, Cyber Security, Network Design
- Responsible for identifying / defining the Automation and Controls requirement / solutions for the client
- Implements the defined Automation and Control solutions
- Supports the Lead Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms.
- Engineers technical aspects of automation project design and / or implementation for assigned activities
- Implements the configuration, database and / or programming activities for assigned activities
- Prepares engineering studies and software design documentation
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent demonstratable experience
- Significant experience and competency in Automation and Control Engineering
- Good general knowledge of each Automation and Control engineering discipline
- Experienced in writing software specifications
- Detailed experience with multiple system implementation project and / or control system platforms
- Experience in Brownfield upgrades / replacement automation and control projects
- Experience of Rockwell and Schneider PLC and SCADA systems is advantageous
- Experience of Microsoft SQL
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, methodologies and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Knowledge of modern automation and control applications, tools, methodologies or equal training / experience
- Good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools and trends
- Inquisitive, well organized and have a keen eye for detail
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.