Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Garyville, Louisiana, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Logistics Specialist in Garyville, LA . The role will perform inventory control related activities. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Duties include but not limited to monitoring/maintaining accurate inventory records, computerizing inventory control transactions, writing inventory reports, and driving monthly cycle counts. As an inventory analyst, you may perform physical inventories, research for discrepancies, investigate sources of errors and take action to prevent those errors from occurring in the future. The job requires advanced organization skills, as analysts must keep several databases and spreadsheets detailing the various elements and aspects of inventory. Must have a fundamental understanding and knowledge of SAP.
What You Will Do:
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them to resolve inventory problems.
- Use SAP to monitor and maintain accurate inventory records.
- This position is classified as office along with forklift operation and some lifting (max 55 lbs).
- Uses SAP to monitor physical inventory count against record balance for discrepancies, reconcile inventory, and records adjustments.
- Troubleshoots and corrects inventory discrepancies by adhering to the company cycle count policy.
- Performs physical inventory counts and activities for the plant.
- Analyzes data to make recommendations to management. Makes simple arithmetic calculations. Counts, records, and balances assigned transactions accurately.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- High level of expertise in inventory control, shipping, or warehouse with a minimum 3 years of experience.
- SAP system experience is a requirement.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong proficiency using Excel software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to prioritize and organize own workload
- Ability to interface with production and engineering groups to resolve inventory problems with limited direction from Manager.
- Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds chest high.
- Must operate a forklift.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Previously worked in the Chemical industry
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Logistics, Transportation
- SAP subject matter expert
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.