Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Senior Architectural Engineer position to join the team in Birchwood.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a small team delivering a project (RIBA stages 3-6)
- Maintaining Safe & Secure behaviours
- Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems.
- Responsible for ensuring the designs meet the relevant standards
- (UK Building Regulations & British Standards & Industry Standards)
- Checking/ Verification of Technical Deliverables (RIBA Stages noted)
- Providing a co-ordination role between 'Site' and the 'Design Office'. Candidate will be required to travel to site (Estimated: Bi-monthly basis)
- Meeting Attendance (technical & non-technical) to report & justify progress and present technical issues
- Preparing plans, sections & details for statutory approvals
- Preparation of hazardous area/ classified zones/ people & material flow drawings/ diagrams
- Authoring technical specifications, schedules, data sheets, reports & method statements
- Collaborative Multi-discipline design & Client/ stakeholder liaison.
- Providing technical and professional guidance, support and development to junior team members
- Extensive experience delivering projects to UK Building Regulations & British Standards
- Proven experience in a role having direct influence over engineering practice and outcomes.
- Strong experience of working within a highly regulated industry
- Proven track record in the delivery of architectural detail design
- Able to provide evidence of significant man management and time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Minimum: HNC / HND in an Architecture Based subject
- Autodesk AutoCAD (2D/3D)
- NavisWorks (Manage/ Simulate)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Experience of the condition assessment and modification of existing facilities
- Familiar with clients gated processes, standards & Procedures.
- Degree or higher Qualification Desirable
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .