United Kingdom - , County AntrimJob Summary
We have an exciting career role in our established Water team based in Belfast for a Senior Civil Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be supported and encouraged to maintain your CPD and embrace initiatives to help you further develop your own skills and career. AECOM fully supports individual's requirements to develop and build their experience, professional qualifications and skill sets.
You will work alongside our project managers and lead design engineers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, supporting various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparation of reports and technical specifications.The successful candidate will work as a civil engineer in a team with other disciplines such as geotechnical engineers, process engineers, mechanical engineers and environmentalists.What would a typical week look like?
- Writing technical notes and reports,
- High level and detailed flow and load calculations,
- Producing Autocad drawings,
- Creating and running feasibility studies,
- Producing outlines and /detailed wastewater treatment works designs,
- Ensuring CDM compliance throughout design and construction,
- Contract documentation.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Post graduate experience in design and management of wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure upgrade schemes.
- Ability to take on elements of design or report and work on their own initiative.
- Experience in developing and promoting Safety in Design practices throughout designs.
- Understanding and working experience of wastewater infrastructure, non-infrastructure and treatment design standards and specifications.
- Understanding and working experience of wastewater treatment discharge legislations.
Your benefits will include:
- MEng degree in Civil Engineering and have obtained or be working towards chartered status.
- Experience in working in and/or managing elements of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in the development of contract preparation and administration using NEC and/or FIDIC forms of contract.
- Experience in technical checking and reviewing drawings and calculations.
- Experience in developing capital and operational costs for wastewater and/or water infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure schemes.
- Experience in mentoring and guiding junior staff.
- AutoCAD experience and proficiency.
- BIM and/or ProjectWise experience.
- Ability to lead / attend design review or progress meetings.
- Some knowledge of the following areas; hydrology, hydrogeology, geotechnical, structural engineering, biology and/or chemistry would be advantageous.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.