ENGIE is hiring a Manager, Meters & Controls
located in Iowa City, IA
. Is responsible for the management of the Meters & Controls department for Utilities at the University of Iowa. The department installs, operates, and maintains the industrial control systems (ICS), network and infrastructure that support production plant control systems and the metering equipment and programming to measure, record and bill delivery of utility commodities to end-use customers. The network also provides for operational telemetry, alarming and historical data collection for the utility distribution systems that deliver steam, chilled water, electricity, and domestic water to campus customers. Role coordinates closely with both UI ITS and ENGIE IT organizations to maintain systems security compliance, availability, and reliability.
What you'll do:
- Lead and support a team of E&I Technicians and a Controls Network Engineer.
- Oversee ICS network administration with a working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating (OS) Environment and Windows client OS for maintenance of local ICS Microsoft Active Directory (AD) environment.
- Cybersecurity, SCCM, and endpoint protection practices and methodologies.
- ICS network architectures, hardware components and management, including familiarity with Hirschmann switches and routers, VMWare ESXi environments and use of vCenter preferred.
- GE PLC architecture, SCADA systems; preferably GE Cimplicity ME and HMI systems and data historian's such as OSISoft PI and iHistorian.
- Support and implement robust safety and network security programs.
- Support Capital Project planning, design, and execution.
- Review and approve design documentation, advise of needed changes.
- Coordinate with and advise other Distribution management and staff regarding the operation and maintenance of distribution systems.
- Develop preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee maintenance of diagrams, schematics, updates system logs, drawings and documentation on the industrial controls network systems.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, computer science or similar.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in IT systems engineering in an industrial control systems environment.
- Experience and proven commitment to implementation of robust maintenance management practices in an industrial or utility environment.
- Direct experience managing staff work planning and scheduling, performance and development.
- Knowledge of utility systems in a campus or district energy system environment preferred.
- Ability to maintain records and system documentation.
- Ability to analyze system problems, recommend and implement system changes.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
- Valid Driver's License
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions. The field work environment can be hot and humid, dark, and wet.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 27, 2021