Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is seeking experienced Laborers to support work onshore for existing and potential clients in Newfoundland and Labrador. Laborers are responsible for the day to day safe work of maintenance activities. The successful candidate will work with Wood supervision, client operations, planning and work execution teams to achieveworld class performance in a safe manner.
In this position, you will:
- Ensure a safe working environment;
- Ensure compliance with all legislated standards, company policies and practices;
- Work within budget, guidelines and standards in place;
- Perform maintenance activities in conjunction with operations;
- Be accountable for your performance regarding safety, housekeeping, work standards and professionalism
- Focus on achieving the daily and weekly work plan;
- Provide effective care, maintenance and utilization of assets;
- Ensure all work orders are closed with completion codes and comments for future analysis;
- Work collaterally and cross functionally, with colleagues, engineering, production, and services to achieve work objectives.
Skills / Qualifications
Ideal Candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of maintenance and repair experience in a mining / processing facility or other relevant industrial setting.
- Capable of carrying out standard pprocedures
- Capable of reading engineering drawings and work order instructions
- Knowledge of SAP would be an asset.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (MS Office Software, etc.).
- Communication Skills (Oral, Written, Demonstrative).
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks with minimal supervision.
Preference given to candidates with the following training:
- Confined space entry
- Confined space attendant
- First Aid & CPR
- Fall protection
- Rigging & hoisting
- Respirator maintenance & fit testing (3M)
Preference will be given to candidates with experience with the following equipment including applicable license classifications:
- Aerial Work Platform
- Overhead crane
- Experience with Caterpillar, Crown, Yale, Western Star, Freightliner, Champion, Gottwald, Hyster, Ford, GM and Dodge equipment would be an asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.