Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Staff Engineer/Scientist to work with our storm water and surface water consulting team.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our environmental consulting business and possess knowledge and technical skills in storm water management, TMDLs, bacteria indicators, water quality resources, water quality modeling, environmental permitting, and municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance.
• Consulting for municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance projects
• Reports to Senior Program Managers and works directly with project managers throughout the Irvine and San Diego Business Units
• Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Science or related field required; advanced degree(s) in Engineering or related field is a plus
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word and Access, in particular
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.