Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Recent graduates looking for great entry level opportunity as a Lab Technician. Candidates will be required to:
- Analyze unit stream samples to ensure operational processes are functioning properly
- Analyze finished products to ensure that sales specifications are met.
- Analyze feed stocks to ensure to operations proper information on the quality of the feed going to the process.
- Accurately enter sample data in LIMS and interpret chromatography system results.
- Perform routine standardizations, calibrations, and SQC analyses as determined by the lab technical staff to ensure that testing and instrumentation are functioning properly.
- Move and replace gas cylinders as needed for the continued operations of the lab.
- Prepare laboratory solutions and perform standardizations as needed on those solutions.
- Pick up and deliver sample cylinders to the units, loading rack, and dock in the lab truck
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Dispose of waste per company requirements
- Perform routine scheduled minor maintenance on lab equipment (syringes, septa, etc).
- Perform basic troubleshooting on analytical discrepancies as needed
- Verify and report results to customers (COAs, etc) as required.
- Maintain and stock consumable inventory supplies.
- Adhere to and follow quality standards and procedures applicable to the laboratory.
- Review, revise and develop standard lab procedures as required
- Communicate effectively using email, telephone, and shift turn over reports.
- Follow safety guidelines and actively participate in the Structured Safety and Environmental Process
- Exhibit the cultural elements of the organization - Collaboration, Commitment, Engagement, Trust, and Delivering Results.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.