Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering, Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a CAD Technologist / Designer to support our Design team in Oakville. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in preparing construction drawings for civil, geotechnical and environmental projects.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for drawing preparation from conceptual details to working layout drawings for a variety of civil, geotechnical, and environmental projects
- Drawings include site plans, civil earthwork design, geologic and design cross sections and profiles
- Other tasks may include AutoCAD support to project engineers with report preparation and technical presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- Civil Engineering Design & Drafting Technology Diploma
- Minimum 5 years' experience in civil design and drafting
- High level of expertise in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016
- Experience with civil and / or earthwork construction drawings
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Willingness to learn additional software packages as needed
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle challenges and work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with one or more of the following civil design and general software; Adobe Standard, Microsoft Applications, and Bentley Gint
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.