At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're powering them, too. We're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work everyday to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as a Transportation Engineer.
Based in West Des Moines, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects and utilize your transportation design expertise (roadway, drainage, and sitework layout, preliminary and final design, utility/coordination and client coordination) to serve as a lead engineer and task manager on transportation related projects.
You will interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices. You will solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify different solutions; and guide others in solving complex issues. You'll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working directly with our clients.
We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living.Qualifications:What You'll Need
Ideally, you'll also have
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university with an emphasis in civil engineering (roadway, site or drainage, and land development)
- Professional Engineer License (PE) or ability to become registered
- At least 10 years related experience in transportation work with an emphasis on infrastructure projects
- Previous relationships with Iowa DOT, local City/County agencies, engineers and contractors, and developers to help identify future project opportunities and grow business within Iowa
- Experience in working with inter-related engineering disciplines
- Strong Civil 3D or MicroStation OpenRoad background
- Strong mathematical, analytical, time management skills
- Experience with multi-discipline infrastructure engineering design and construction projects
- Experience leading functional teams or projects