If you are ready to bridge the gap between our world and our people, join Jacobs. Let's build for a brighter future together. Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
As a vital member of our Des Moines, Iowa transportation team, our Senior Bridge Engineers serve a lead technical role on bridge design projects and perform design for all structural aspects of transportation projects on local, state, regional and national projects. We are looking for a self-motivated professional with strong technical and business development skills and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally.
Bring your professional skills to: 1) lead/manage the technical execution of bridge design and study projects, 2) provide leadership and mentorship to junior structural staff, 3) work closely with client account managers and sales professionals to identify project opportunities and grow our bridge design services in Iowa, and 4) work closely with our National Bridge practice.
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as a Senior Structural (Bridge) Engineer.Qualifications:What You'll Need:
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- At least 10 years bridge design experience (5 years minimum Iowa DOT experience)
- Iowa Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Solid understanding of Iowa DOT practice, procedures, and standards
- Solid understanding of and practical experience applying the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- Masters degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Existing Iowa DOT and/or local county/city/municipal relationships
- Activeprofessional involvement in local engineering societies
- Project Management/Task Lead/Bridge Lead experience
- Bridge Design-Build project experience
- Strong experience in structural analysis and design software