Reporting directly to the Vice President of Project Development, the Project Developer will support a broad range of pre-construction development activities on projects within ENGIE's portfolio of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage assets across the United States.
In the role, you will work on discrete tasks to support land acquisition, permitting, environmental review, and other aspects of solar energy and storage project development to ultimately fulfill the company's renewable energy aspirations and growth strategy within North America.
This position is open to the Santa Barbara, CA, Houston, TX and Broomfield, CO areas. Remote locations will also be considered.
What you'll do:
- Support development activities of utility-scale wind, solar, and energy storage projects from feasibility to the start of construction
- Engage with staff to advance environmental, permitting, transmission interconnection, land acquisition, and design activities
- Research new industry developments, tax incentives, technologies, etc.
- Assist in permit application preparation and attend hearings, as needed
- Submit project data to various agencies for due diligence review
- Develop project model underwriting assumptions in alignment with investment criteria and off-take Origination efforts
- Review and summarize third party consultant reports
- Engage with landowners and stakeholders to keep them informed throughout the development process, including attending community engagement events
- Maintain database tracking project progress
- Support energy offtake, financing, and project M&A discussions
- Support Marketing and Origination in the RFP response process for offtake agreements, including coordinating internal resources, and pricing
- Prepare investment presentation materials for ENGIE investment committees as necessary
- Review project pro forma financial models to understand how returns are impacted
- Represent company in industry advocacy groups
- Remain abreast of renewable energy opportunities in the United States and the national industry trends impacting the future of renewable development opportunities and their competitiveness as they relate to customers
- Represent ENGIE at national renewable energy events as attendee, speaker, panelist and solar energy leader
What you bring:
- Minimum 5 years of overall experience, with a minimum of 2 years of project development experience; preferably in renewable energy
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics preferred.
- Detail-oriented individual who will proactively pursue required information
- Skilled in project management with the ability to multi-task and prioritize critical path tasks
- Highly capable of working constructively and maintaining good relationships with public officials and agencies.
- Familiar with mechanics of land easements/leases and title
- Able to utilize GIS and mapping software
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and high level of attention to detail with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences, including landowners, potential offtakers, government officials, and corporate leaders.
- Results-oriented professional with the ability to work well with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to advance the adoption and deployment of renewable energy solutions across North America.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States-California-Santa Barbara, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago
- Posting Date: Jan 27, 2021