Responsible for all financial accounting and reporting activities for the C&C entities of ENGIE North America. Duties would include supervision and development of accounting staff. May include complex technical accounting and special reporting for projects with external suppliers, audit requirements, or partnership reporting.
What you'll do:
- Manage the monthly close process and general ledger accounting for entities in the reporting scope including oversight of the journal entry process and reconciliations, and analysis of output in order to produce accurate timely financial information for inclusion in the monthly reporting process.
- Manage the population, control checking and submission of reporting packages for financial, off balance sheet, and key performance indicator reporting.
- Manage compilation of financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, and on and off-balance sheet disclosures for reporting scope as needed.
- Determine the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions, working with the Technical Accounting department.
- Organize work, develop, review, instruct/train and direct employees using department and company policies, practices, and needs in order to effectively manage employees.
- Work closely with other ENGIE North America departments, including Partnership Reporting, Corporate Consolidations & Financial Reporting, Performance Control, Tax, Technical Accounting and Accounts Payable teams.
- Maintain control procedures for processes in scope and drive continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with preparation of data for use by external auditors, internal auditors, and tax auditors and resolve any follow-up questions.
- Manages ad-hoc projects as needed, including those which may involve complex or advanced accounting concepts.
What you bring:
- 7-10 years relevant accounting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Construction experience required (WIP, job costs, contract analysis).
- Knowledge of IFRS a plus.
- Experience in SAP a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent accounting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external auditors.
- Deadline driven and ability to plan ahead to ensure deadlines are met.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 26, 2021