Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $120000 per annum
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Energy industry. Our client, a privately owned clean energy technology company, has a permanent opportunity for a Controller to be based in Houston, TX.
Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual who will oversee the company's financial records. You will be responsible for maintaining all procedures and controls related to the company's financial accounts.
• Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
• Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitor and confirm financial conditions by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
• Maximize return and limit risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
• Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Provide status of financial conditions by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Ensure operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Oversee payroll and benefits processing.
• Maintain financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintain financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; Master's degree preferred.
• 10-12 years of applicable experience in a manufacturing setting required.
• CMA required.
• CPA desired.
• Experience in international expansion preferred.
• Full understanding and ability to apply GAAP principles.
• Extensive cost accounting experience.
• Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Power Point, Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
• Capable of reviewing and understanding manufacturing drawings and engineering documents.
• Managing processes.
• Quickbooks experience.
• SAP experience
• Developing standards.
• Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance.
• Tracking budget expenses.
• Financial skills.
• Analyzing information.
• Capable of performing a variety of assignments and tasks as defined by the critical demands of the company.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This role requires on-site attendance. Telework options not available at this time.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.