Skills: Environmental Engineer, Surveying, Quantity Surveying
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Riverside, California, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Wildlife Biologist in our Riverside, California office to conduct wildlife surveys for on-going projects and new projects as well as support senior staff and assist in training of junior-level staff.
This position will require extensive work outside in a range of ecosystems ranging from aquatic habitats to desert scrub areas throughout southern California.
Key Responsibilities :
- Will be responsible for conducting field surveys, collecting appropriate data, and
- analyzing the data to comply with CEQA and NEPA requirements as well as consistency with local
- Conduct Reconnaissance-level Biological Resource Surveys in a variety of habitats
- Recording field data in a standardized notebook
- Document plant and wildlife species identified during field surveys
- Prepare appropriate biological resource documents including MSHCP, NES, and BRARs
- Prepare small to medium-size project proposals
- Maintain and Track required Federal and State Permits
- Maintain and Track Project Budgets
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 10-15 years of experience OR Master's Degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 5-10 years of experience
- Federal Permit for Stephens' Kangaroo Rat, San Bernardino Kangaroo Rat, Southwestern Willow Flycatcher, Mohave Ground Squirrel, or Coastal California Gnatcatcher
- Scientific Collection Permit MOU for any sensitive species such as Los Angeles Pocket Mouse, Bats, Palm Springs Pocket Mouse, or other sensitive species
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.