Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood Transmission & Distribution require the services of an Administrator on a temporary basis to support the Plant and Equipment department from our offices in Darlington.
The scope of work is to support in maintaining and electronically recording of lifting equipment and heavy plant records.
- Work closely the Plant Managers using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc. with responsibility to support the functions of the Lifting and Plant workshops.
- Process weekly day work sheets in line with individual site reporting requirements.
- Processing requisitions/orders
- Raising invoices for agreed accounts in accordance with Wood policies and procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance of adequate contemporary records, including scanning and electronic filing of data.
- Provide proactive administration and coordination support and assistance as and when required and requested
- Support the Workshop with administrative requirements
- General Administration duties as and when required
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in an office environment
- Demonstrable experience in similar administrative role.
- Good understanding of office administration processes and practices.
- Computer literate in standard software packages (excel/word/powerpoint)
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint etc.)
- Educated to Standard Grade/GCSE level
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiative and meet deadlines
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.