Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Support operations with a focus on processing/coordinating assets and purchasing for the region.
Responsibilities and duties: (not listed in any particular order)
- Coordinate with sales to plan operations and inventory needs
- Receive customer calls to facilitate delivery of Weatherford products and services
- Ensure statement of requirements are complete and accurate for all orders
- Ensure accuracy of tickets for all orders
- Ensure tickets are delivered, signed, returned in a timely manner
- Coordinate logistics for delivery of products to customers
- Serve as focal point in operations for specific customer accounts
- Support warehouse and equipment inspection as needed
- Periodically support 24/7 on-call needs
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Minimum 3-4+ years operational experience, plus 0-1 years coordinator experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Business skills in Operations and Administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of Weatherford's service equipment and business
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use diplomatic skills in dealing with company and outside customer personnel
- Should be able to work closely with internal and external customers